Catania Airport is the ideal starting point for your Sicilian journey of discovery – whether it’s to experience historic attractions, vibrant culture or stunning coastal landscapes. Rent car sicily catania airport and embark on an adventure you’ll never forget!
Rent car in Catania-Fontanarossa Airport
Mount Etna, the stunning and imposing volcano, looms in the backdrop of Catania. But that’s merely an extra treat to a destination already renowned for its delectable food offerings, vibrant festivals, and beautiful Baroque-style piazzas.
Über 500 vertrauenswürdige Anbieter:
When you land on this gorgeous island, your first thought will no doubt be to bask in the sun. You can make that dream a reality much faster than you think with an easy catania airport car rental! This makes it effortless to visit Sicily’s most popular destinations – both local and afar. So don’t wait any longer; seize the chance to explore today!
Take your pick from our extensive lineup of vehicles, ranging from comfortable family cars to small city rides. Book directly with us and enjoy the many benefits that await you!
About Catania-Fontanarossa Airport
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport, also known as Aeroporto di Catania-Fontanarossa in Italia, is a major international airport located in the eastern part of Sicily, Italy. The airport is named after the nearby city of Catania and the famous volcano Mount Etna, which can be seen in the distance from the runway.
The airport is the busiest in Sicily, serving over 10 million passengers annually and handling a wide range of international and domestic flights. It is a hub for several major airlines, including Alitalia and Ryanair, and offers flights to destinations all over Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
The airport was originally built in the 1920s and has undergone several expansions and upgrades over the years. In recent years, the airport has invested heavily in improving its facilities and services for passengers, including new retail and dining options, improved check-in and security procedures, and expanded parking facilities.
One of the standout features of Catania-Fontanarossa Airport is its location, which offers stunning views of Mount Etna and the Mediterranean Sea. Visitors to the airport can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding landscape from the airport’s observation deck or from one of the airport’s many cafes and restaurants.
The airport is conveniently located just 4.3 miles (7 km) from the city center of Catania, making it easy for travelers to reach the city’s many attractions and landmarks. The airport is also well-connected to other parts of Sicily and Italy, with excellent road and rail links.
Overall, Catania-Fontanarossa Airport is an important transportation hub for both Sicily and Italy as a whole, offering a wide range of flights and services to travelers from around the world. Whether you’re arriving in Sicily for business or pleasure, the airport provides a comfortable and convenient starting point for your journey.
Why Should I Rent a Car in Catania-Fontanarossa Airport?
Italy car rent catania airport can be a great way to explore Sicily and make the most of your trip. Here are some of the top benefits of renting a car at Catania Airport:
- Convenience: Renting a car at Catania Airport is convenient because you can pick up your vehicle as soon as you arrive and start exploring right away. This is especially useful if you have limited time on your trip.
- Freedom and flexibility: Renting a car gives you the freedom and flexibility to explore Sicily at your own pace. You can visit remote locations and off-the-beaten-path destinations that may be difficult to reach by other means. You can also create your own itinerary and make last-minute changes without worrying about schedules or public transportation.
- Cost-effective: Renting a car can be a cost-effective way to travel, especially if you’re traveling with a group or planning to visit multiple destinations. You can split the cost of the rental and gas with other travelers, and avoid the expense of taxis or private transfers.
- Comfort and convenience: Budget catania airport gives you the comfort and convenience of having your own vehicle. You can enjoy air conditioning, comfortable seating, and a reliable mode of transportation. This is especially important on hot summer days or long journeys.
- Scenic drives: Sicily has some of the most beautiful and scenic drives in Italy, with stunning coastal roads and mountainous terrain. Renting a car allows you to take in the beauty of the island’s landscape and stop at scenic viewpoints along the way.
- Easy access to attractions: Budget car rental catania airport gives you easy access to all the attractions that Sicily has to offer. You can easily visit the historic city of Catania, explore the famous Mount Etna, or relax on the beaches of Taormina.
- Personalized experience: Renting a car allows you to create a personalized experience and visit the places that interest you the most. You can avoid crowded tourist attractions and discover hidden gems that only locals know about.
Overall, renting a car at Catania Airport is a great way to explore Sicily and make the most of your time on the island. With a wide range of rental car options and convenient airport pickup and drop-off locations, renting a car is a great way to experience the beauty and culture of Sicily on your own terms.
What type of car can I rent in Catania Airport?
At Catania Airport, you can rent a wide variety of vehicles to suit your needs and preferences. The type of car you can rent will depend on the rental company you choose and the availability of vehicles at the time of your booking. Here are some of the most common types of rental cars available at Catania Airport:
- Economy cars: These are small, fuel-efficient cars that are ideal for short trips and solo travelers or couples. Examples of economy cars include the Fiat 500 and the Smart Fortwo.
- Compact cars: These are slightly larger than economy cars and are suitable for small families or groups of friends. Examples of compact cars include the Ford Focus and the Volkswagen Golf.
- Midsize cars: These are larger than compact cars and are suitable for families or groups of up to five people. Examples of midsize cars include the Toyota Corolla and the Renault Megane.
- Full-size cars: These are larger than midsize cars and are ideal for families or groups of up to seven people. Examples of full-size cars include the Volkswagen Passat and the Skoda Octavia.
- SUVs: These are large, spacious vehicles that are ideal for groups or families who need extra space for luggage or equipment. Examples of SUVs include the Nissan Qashqai and the Renault Kadjar.
- Luxury cars: These are high-end vehicles that offer premium features and amenities. Examples of luxury cars include the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the BMW 7 Series.
- Convertibles: These are open-top cars that are perfect for exploring Sicily’s scenic coastal roads. Examples of convertibles include the Mini Cooper Cabrio and the Fiat 124 Spider.
It’s important to choose a rental car that suits your needs and budget, and make sure you’re comfortable driving the vehicle before you set off on your journey.
How much does it Cost to Rent a Car in Sicily ?
The cost of renting a car in Sicily can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the rental company you choose, the type of car you want to rent, the length of your rental period, and the time of year you’re visiting. Here are some general guidelines for car rental prices in Sicily:
- Economy cars: These can start at around €15-20 per day.
- Compact cars: These can start at around €20-30 per day.
- Midsize cars: These can start at around €30-50 per day.
- Full-size cars: These can start at around €50-70 per day.
- SUVs: These can start at around €60-100 per day.
- Luxury cars: These can start at around €100-200 per day.
It’s important to note that these are just rough estimates and the actual cost of your rental may be higher or lower depending on the specific rental company and the other factors mentioned above. Additionally, be aware that there may be additional fees for extras such as GPS navigation systems, car seats, or additional drivers.
When catania airport budget rent a car, it’s important to shop around and compare prices from different rental companies to ensure you’re getting the best deal. Additionally, be sure to read the rental agreement carefully and understand the terms and conditions of the rental before signing anything. Finally, be aware of any insurance requirements and make sure you have adequate coverage before you hit the road.
What are cheap and economy car rentals at Catania airport
Catania Airport is the main airport in Sicily and is a popular destination for tourists visiting the island. If you’re planning a cheap car rental catania airport, there are several economy car rentals catania airport, companies that offer affordable and economy car rentals. Here are some options to consider:
- Sicily by Car: This rental company offers a range of affordable economy and compact cars, with prices starting at around €15-20 per day. They also have a wide range of other car models available, including midsize and full-size cars, SUVs, and luxury cars.
- Auto Europe: Auto Europe partners with several rental companies at Catania Airport to offer a wide range of affordable cars, with prices starting at around €20-30 per day for economy and compact cars. They also offer a price match guarantee, so if you find a better deal elsewhere, they’ll match it.
- Firefly: Firefly is a budget car rental company that offers affordable cars at Catania Airport, with prices starting at around €20-30 per day for economy and compact cars. They also offer a range of other car models, including midsize and full-size cars, SUVs, and luxury cars.
- Europcar: Europcar is a well-known car rental company that offers a range of affordable economy and compact cars at Catania Airport, with prices starting at around €20-30 per day. They also offer a range of other car models, including midsize and full-size cars, SUVs, and luxury cars.
- Goldcar: Goldcar is another budget car rental company that offers cheap car rentals at Catania Airport, with prices starting at around €20-30 per day for economy and compact cars. They also have a wide range of other car models available, including midsize and full-size cars, SUVs, and luxury cars.
When you are looking for a cheap car rental catania airport, it’s important to read the rental agreement carefully and understand the terms and conditions of the rental before signing anything. Additionally, be aware that there may be additional fees for extras such as insurance, GPS navigation, or additional drivers. Finally, be sure to shop around and compare prices from different rental companies to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
What is a luxury car rental at Catania airport?
If you’re looking for luxury car rental options at Catania Airport, there are several rental companies that offer a range of high-end cars. Luxury catania airport car rental typically include premium features such as leather seats, high-end sound systems, and advanced technology. Here are some options for luxury car rentals at Catania Airport:
- Hertz Dream Collection: Hertz offers a range of luxury cars through their Dream Collection, including models such as the Audi A7, BMW 7 Series, and Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Prices for these cars vary depending on the model and rental period.
- Avis Prestige: Avis offers a range of luxury cars through their Prestige Collection, including models such as the Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Cayenne, and Range Rover Evoque. Prices for these cars vary depending on the model and rental period.
- Europcar Selection: Europcar offers a range of high-end cars through their Selection service, including models such as the Audi A8, BMW X5, and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Prices for these cars vary depending on the model and rental period.
- Sixt Luxury Cars: Sixt offers a range of luxury cars, including models such as the BMW 5 Series, Jaguar XE, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Prices for these cars vary depending on the model and rental period.
When renting a luxury car at Catania Airport, it’s important to read the rental agreement carefully and understand the terms and conditions of the rental before signing anything. Additionally, be aware that there may be additional fees for extras such as insurance or GPS navigation. Finally, be sure to book your catania airport car rental in advance to ensure availability and to potentially save money on rental fees.
Driving laws in Sicily
Driving in Sicily can be an enjoyable and convenient way to explore this beautiful island, but it’s important to be aware of the driving laws and regulations to ensure a safe and legal experience. Here are some key driving laws to keep in mind:
- Drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Wear seat belts at all times, including in the back seat
- Adhere to posted speed limits, which are 130 km/h on highways, 90 km/h on main roads, and 50 km/h in built-up areas
- Do not use a mobile phone while driving unless it is in hands-free mode
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol, with a legal blood alcohol limit of 0.5 g/L
- Watch for restricted traffic zones in urban areas
- Yield to vehicles in roundabouts
- Be aware of parking regulations to avoid fines or towing
- Carry your driver’s license, car registration, and proof of insurance with you at all times.
By following these laws and regulations, you can have a safe and enjoyable driving experience in Sicily.
How to Rent a Car in Sicily
To rent a car in Sicily, you will typically need the following:
- A valid driver’s license: You will need a valid driver’s license from your home country to drive in Sicily. If your license is not in English, you may need to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) before your trip.
- A credit card: You will need a credit card to pay for the rental deposit and any additional charges, such as fuel, tolls, or insurance. Some rental companies may accept a debit card, but a credit card is generally preferred.
- Age requirement: You must be at least 18 years old to rent a car in Sicily. However, some rental companies may have a higher minimum age requirement, and drivers under 25 may have to pay a young driver surcharge.
- Insurance coverage: It is recommended to have car rental insurance to cover any damages or accidents that may occur during your rental period. Check with your rental company to see what types of insurance coverage they offer and what is included in the rental price.
- Additional documents: Depending on the rental company and your country of origin, you may need to provide additional documents such as a passport, proof of address, or return flight tickets.
It’s important to check with your chosen car rental company for their specific requirements and policies before you arrive in Sicily. This will help you to ensure that you have all the necessary documents and avoid any delays or issues when picking up your rental car.
Driving In And Around Catania
Catania is an ideal destination in Sicily to explore by budget car catania airport, and its picturesque Ionian Coast setting makes it even more of a must-see. Aside from bustling cities and tourist hotspots, you can also discover hidden pockets of serenity that remain largely untouched.
Not far from the city center is Catania Airport, a mere 5 miles away. Here you can admire the magnificent architecture of Piazza Duomo’s Cathedral as it stands proudly in Catania’s main square. While one-way systems are present throughout the city and there aren’t many parking spots at its core, don’t fret – numerous lots await for you to park your cheap car hire catania airport and explore nearby attractions on foot! If you don’t want to risk being fined, be sure to keep an eye out for the ZTL – a ‘Zona Traffico Limitato’ that restricts traffic at particular times of the day. You’ll recognize them by their red and white circle signs, which are often monitored with cameras so stay away during the prohibited hours!
Just a mere 60 minutes away from the airport, you can experience Europe’s premier and most active volcano! A drive along SP54 on the outskirts of town followed by E45 will get you to Mount Etna via SP92.
Embark on a scenic journey along the Catania coastline and arrive in Messina, Sicily’s gateway city. The SS114 will get you there in only an hour and fifteen minutes! For more exploration, hop onto the A19 highway that leads to Palermo-Sicily’s capital. Here, time stands still with ancient ruins interwoven into modern European culture – awaiting your discovery!
When exploring Sicily, be prepared for toll roads on some of the bigger highways and varying speed limits. Freeways have a maximum limit of 130 km/h (80 mph) while in populated areas it is usually reduced to 50 km/h (30mph). Additionally, remember that vehicles drive on the right-hand side like they do in America.
A Quick Guide To Catania And Beyond
The Ionian Sea glides peacefully beside the city towards the Strait of Messina, which separates this island from Italy’s southernmost tip.
Catania is the perfect launchpad for discovering Sicily’s breathtaking cities and pristine shorelines. With access to catania airport car rental, you will have infinite possibilities at your fingertips!
Treat Your Taste Buds
Seafood connoisseurs won’t want to miss out on La Pescheria – the buzzing fish market in town. Right behind Piazza del Duomo, you’ll stumble across a variety of stalls open every weekday morning that are stacked with fresh catches ranging from swordfish and clams to mussels and sea urchins; their delightful aromas will leave your mouth watering!
Pescheria Fratelli Vittorio is one of the top seafood restaurants nestled in the heart of this dynamic market. Its co-owner and fishmonger, Giovanni, personally curates all ingredients from the local market to guarantee their patrons savor only the freshest seafood dishes available!
While you’re in Catania, don’t miss out on trying arancini – the city’s iconic street food and one of Sicily’s most popular dishes! These fried balls are usually filled with ragout, mozzarella cheese and peas. Pasticceria Savia is a must-visit restaurant that serves some of the best arancini around – just take a quick stroll from the Roman Theater to Park Giardino Bellini for an unparalleled gastronomic experience.
Ski Down A Volcano
When you stand at the summit of Mount Etna, a captivating view of the shimmering Ionian, Adriatic and Mediterranean Sea can be seen. Although skiing is usually associated with Northern Italy, few people know that this Italian volcano offers some incredible snow-sports options as well!
If you’re looking for a unique ski experience, look no further than Mount Etna! The Mediterranean climate allows visitors to enjoy the snow even in a t-shirt. From November through April, expect pristine conditions and some of the best slopes around. However, don’t forget that this impressive volcano is worth visiting all year long – not only during its skiing season!
Are you looking for an adventure? Head to the southern slope and take on a thrilling challenge. The starting point is 3,329 meters and you’ll descend through birch and beech trees. If your snowboarding skills are up to it, the upper slopes serve as ideal terrain for off-piste boarding! For more of a thrill, kite ski in between the lava bumps – perfect conditions await!
Marvel At Ancient Architecture
After Mount Etna erupted twice in the late 1600s, mounted with a major rebuilding effort by highly skilled architects, Catania emerged as one of the most breathtaking baroque cities on the Mediterranean coast.
When you visit Catania’s main square, the exquisite beauty of why it is a designated world heritage site will become immediately apparent. The cathedral stands as the centerpiece with its baroque façade and striking gray-white color palette that results from the reconstruction using lava stone. Additionally, make sure to appreciate the symbol of Catania -the iconic elephant fountain across from the entranceway which was carved out of lava!
Step outside the square and you’ll find yourself only a few minutes away from historical landmarks, such as the Roman Theater and Odeon. Of Catania’s ancient monuments, none compare to the remarkable Odeon – an iconic remnant of nearly 3 centuries ago! Make sure to visit this awe-inspiring site for a firsthand glimpse into antiquity.
Take charge of your journey by availing car rental services at Catania Airport and explore the stunning Ionian Coastline, picturesque cityscapes, and alluring charm of this delightful island.
FAQ about car rental at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport
How can I catania airport budget rent a car?
You can rent a car at Catania Airport by booking online with a car rental company or by renting a car directly from one of the rental car desks in the airport terminal.
What documents do I need to rent a car at Catania Airport?
You will need a valid driver’s license, a credit card in the driver’s name for the rental deposit, and a valid passport or ID.
How much does it cost to rent a car at Catania Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Catania Airport depends on several factors, including the type of car, rental period, and insurance coverage. Prices can vary widely among rental companies, so it’s recommended to compare prices and terms before booking.
Is it necessary to have car rental insurance at Catania Airport?
While it’s not legally required to have car rental insurance in Italy, it is recommended to protect yourself against any damages or accidents that may occur during your rental period. Check with your rental company to see what types of insurance coverage they offer and what is included in the rental price.
Are there any age restrictions for renting a car at Catania Airport?
To rent a car in Italy, drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license. However, some rental companies may have a higher minimum age requirement, and drivers under 25 may have to pay a young driver surcharge.
Can I rent a car at Catania Airport with a debit card?
While some rental companies may accept a debit card, a credit card is generally preferred to pay for the rental deposit and any additional charges. Check with your rental company for their specific policies and requirements.
Is it possible to rent a car at Catania Airport and drop it off at a different location?
Yes, it’s possible to rent a car at Catania Airport and drop it off at a different location within Italy. However, this may incur additional fees, so it’s recommended to check with your rental company before booking.