The city of Palermo, located on the stunning Italian Island of Sicily, is home to Falcone-Borsellino Airport (otherwise known as Palermo airport). This well-renowned and heavily trafficked air hub boasts a prime location along with renowned customer service – likely aiding in its widespread popularity throughout Southern Italy. Rent car in Falcone–Borsellino!
Rent car in Falcone–Borsellino Airport
To make your trip to Palermo a cinch, you should absolutely rent a car at the airport. This is the best way for you to explore on your own timeline with no constraints or difficulties. You can pick from plenty of well-known and local rental companies so getting an automobile that fits you will be easy peasy! We also recommend choosing an agency located near the airport as it’s around 22 miles (35 km) away from downtown; this means more time and money saved in totality.
500+ Trusted Providers:
Make the most of your trip to Palermo with a rental car from the airport. Whether you’re here for business or leisure, our wide selection of vehicles will have you covered – choose from SUVs, palermo airport car rental and compact models that are perfect for exploring every corner of this stunning city. Reserve direct online today!
If your preference is to settle into your accommodation before car hire Palermo airport, you’ll be pleased that there are numerous rental choices downtown. From Maggiore Car Rental to Rentcars.buzz and more, you’re sure to find one that provides the perfect automobile for navigating the city and beyond! Moreover, choosing to rent in downtown Palermo instead of at the airport means no need for synchronizing flight times with picking up or returning the vehicle – something worth considering when selecting what works best for you.
About Falcone–Borsellino Airport
Falcone–Borsellino Airport, also known as Palermo Airport, is the main airport serving the city of Palermo, located in the western part of Sicily, Italy. Named after two prominent Italian judges who were assassinated by the Mafia in 1992, the airport serves as a gateway to the island’s rich history, culture, and stunning natural beauty.
The airport is located about 35 km west of Palermo city center and can be easily reached by Palermo airport car rental or public transport. It has two terminals, with Terminal 1 handling domestic and international flights, and Terminal 2 serving low-cost carriers. The airport offers a wide range of services, including restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and currency exchange facilities, making it a convenient and comfortable place to wait for your flight.
Falcone–Borsellino Airport is served by several major airlines, including Alitalia, Ryanair, and easyJet, providing connections to many European destinations, as well as some long-haul flights to North America and the Middle East. The airport is also a hub for the Italian flag carrier, Alitalia, which operates several daily flights to Rome and Milan.
One of the main advantages of Falcone–Borsellino Airport is its proximity to some of the most beautiful and historic cities in Sicily, such as Palermo, Trapani, and Agrigento. The airport’s strategic location also makes it an ideal starting point for exploring the island’s stunning natural attractions, such as the Zingaro Nature Reserve, the Mount Etna volcano, and the beautiful beaches of San Vito Lo Capo and Mondello.
The airport has undergone significant renovation and expansion in recent years, with the construction of a new terminal, increased capacity, and improved passenger facilities. The airport’s modern infrastructure, combined with its convenient location and extensive flight network, make it an important hub for tourism and business in Sicily and beyond.
In conclusion, Falcone–Borsellino Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides a convenient gateway to the vibrant and diverse island of Sicily. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, the airport’s excellent facilities and extensive flight network make it an ideal starting point for exploring all that this beautiful region has to offer.
Why Should I Rent a Car at Palermo airport?
Car rental Palermo italy airport can be a great option if you want to explore the beautiful island of Sicily at your own pace and convenience. Here are some reasons why you should consider renting a car at Palermo Airport:
- Flexibility: Renting a car gives you the flexibility to plan your own itinerary and explore Sicily on your own terms. You can visit popular tourist destinations and hidden gems without worrying about public transportation schedules.
- Convenience: Renting a car at the airport is convenient as you can pick up your car rental palermo italy airport as soon as you arrive and start your journey without any delays. There are several car rental companies located inside the airport, and you can easily compare prices and book online before your trip.
- Cost-effective: Renting a car can be more cost-effective than taking public transportation or hiring a private driver, especially if you are traveling with a group or planning to visit multiple destinations.
- Comfort: Renting a car gives you the comfort of traveling in a private vehicle with air conditioning and ample space for luggage. You can also take breaks and stop for food or drinks whenever you want.
- Access to remote locations: Sicily has many beautiful remote locations and scenic routes that can only be accessed by car hire Palermo airport. By renting a car, you can explore these hidden gems and enjoy the beautiful landscapes and breathtaking views that the island has to offer.
In conclusion, renting a car at Palermo Airport is a convenient, cost-effective, and comfortable way to explore the beautiful island of Sicily at your own pace. With easy access to many popular destinations and remote locations, renting a car is a great option for those who want to make the most of their trip to Sicily.
What Type of Car I Rent in Palermo Airport?
Palermo Airport offers a range of car rental options to suit different budgets and preferences. Economy cars are the most affordable and fuel-efficient option for solo travelers or couples. Compact cars are slightly larger and offer more space and comfort, making them a good choice for small families or groups of friends traveling on a budget. Midsize and full-size cars offer more space, luxury, and features, making them a comfortable and stylish option for families or larger groups. SUVs provide more space, comfort, and versatility, making them ideal for exploring the rugged terrain of Sicily. Luxury cars offer the ultimate in comfort, style, and performance, making them a great choice for special occasions or travelers who want to indulge in the finer things in life. Finally, convertibles provide a fun and exciting way to explore the beautiful Sicilian coastline and enjoy the sunny weather, making them a popular choice for couples or groups of friends looking for a unique and memorable experience.
Palermo Airport has several reputable Palermo airport car rental companies located inside the terminal, including Avis, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt, among others. These companies offer a range of car rental options, so you can easily find the perfect car to suit your needs and budget. It’s important to book in advance to get the best deal and ensure a hassle-free rental experience.
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Car in Palermo?
The cost of renting a car in Palermo varies depending on several factors, such as the type of car, rental duration, time of year, and the rental company you choose. However, to give you an idea of the average cost of Palermo airport car rental, here are some estimated prices based on current rates as of March 2023:
- Economy cars: €20-€30 per day
- Compact cars: €25-€40 per day
- Midsize cars: €30-€50 per day
- Full-size cars: €40-€70 per day
- SUVs: €50-€90 per day
- Luxury cars: €100-€250 per day
- Convertibles: €70-€150 per day
Please note that these are just estimates, and prices may vary depending on the rental duration, additional features, and other factors. Additionally, rental prices tend to be higher during peak tourist seasons, such as summer months, and may be lower during the off-season.
When renting a car in Palermo, you should also factor in additional costs, such as insurance, fuel, and any additional equipment, like GPS or child seats, that you may need. It’s also a good idea to book your cheap car rental Palermo airport in advance to get the best deal and avoid any last-minute price increases. Many rental companies offer discounts for online bookings or for long-term rentals, so be sure to check for any special offers or promotions.
Facts about car rental at Falcone–Borsellino Airport
Renting a car at Falcone–Borsellino Airport is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
- Research rental options: Before arriving at the airport, research car rental companies and compare their rates, vehicle options, and additional fees.
- Book a rental car: You can book a rental car online or by phone prior to your arrival at the airport. This will save you time and ensure availability.
- Pick up your rental car: Once you arrive at the airport, head to the car rental desk to pick up your rental car. You will need to present your driver’s license, a valid credit card, and any additional documents required by the rental company.
- Check the rental agreement: Before signing the rental agreement, review the terms and conditions carefully to ensure you understand the fees, insurance coverage, and any restrictions or requirements.
- Inspect the car: Before driving away, inspect the rental car for any damage and take photos if necessary. Report any damage to the rental company before leaving the lot.
- Return the car: When returning the rental car, fill up the gas tank to the level indicated in the rental agreement and return the car to the designated location. Make sure to return the car on time to avoid any late fees.
Renting a car at Falcone–Borsellino Airport is a great way to explore Sicily and its surrounding areas. Just be sure to plan ahead, compare rates, and understand the terms and conditions of your rental agreement to make the most of your rental experience.
What are cheap cars rental at Palermo airport
There are several options for cheap car hire Palermo airport. Here are some of the most affordable car rental options available:
- Economy Cars: Economy cars are the cheapest car rental option and are perfect for budget-conscious travelers. They are fuel-efficient and provide basic features, such as air conditioning and manual transmission. Some examples of economy cars available for rent at Palermo Airport include the Fiat Panda, Renault Twingo, and Volkswagen Up.
- Compact Cars: Compact cars are slightly larger than economy cars and offer more space and comfort. They are still a budget-friendly option for travelers who need a bit more space. Some examples of compact cars available for rent at Palermo Airport include the Ford Fiesta, Opel Corsa, and Toyota Yaris.
- Midsize Cars: Midsize cars offer more space and features than compact cars, making them a great option for families or small groups. They are still relatively affordable, with prices starting at around €30 per day. Some examples of midsize cars available for rent at Palermo Airport include the Volkswagen Golf, Ford Focus, and Opel Astra.
It’s important to note that prices for car rentals at Palermo Airport can vary depending on the rental company, rental duration, and the time of year you are traveling. To get the best deal, it’s recommended to book your cheap car hire Palermo airport in advance and compare prices from different rental companies. Additionally, be sure to factor in additional costs, such as insurance, fuel, and any additional equipment you may need.
Driving in Palermo
Exploring Palermo by rental car can be an exciting experience for any driver. With larger roads and reasonable traffic, navigating the city is relatively straightforward. Nonetheless, it’s important to note that street signs might not always be clear-cut; therefore, prepare yourself before your journey so you have a better grasp of where you’re headed!
A few things you should know before driving in Palermo are:
- Traffic can be chaotic: Palermo has a high volume of traffic, and the driving style is often unpredictable. Be prepared for congestion, narrow streets, and aggressive drivers.
- Parking can be difficult: Finding a parking spot in Palermo can be a challenge, especially in the city center. Be prepared to park further away and walk to your destination.
- ZTL Zones: Palermo has several restricted traffic zones (ZTL), and if you drive into them without permission, you may receive a fine. Make sure to check the ZTL zones and the hours of operation before you drive.
- Know the traffic rules: Be familiar with the traffic rules in Palermo, such as speed limits, no-entry signs, and the use of roundabouts.
- Use public transport: Public transportation in Palermo is efficient and affordable. Consider using buses or trains to avoid driving in the city center.
- Watch out for motorbikes: Motorbikes are a popular mode of transportation in Palermo and are often driven in between cars. Be aware of your surroundings and give motorbikes plenty of space.
- Bring a GPS: Palermo has a complicated street layout, and it can be easy to get lost. Consider bringing a GPS or using a navigation app on your phone to help you find your way.
- Avoid driving at night: Driving in Palermo at night can be dangerous, especially in certain areas. Try to limit your driving to daylight hours.
Overall, driving in Palermo can be a challenging experience, but by following these tips, you can stay safe and avoid any unnecessary complications.
Driving In And Around Palermo
Situated just a short 20-mile drive west of Palermo lies Falcone-Borsellino Airport, easily accessible by the E90. Whether you take Via Giuseppe Pitrè, Corso Calatafimi or Via Ernesto Basile along your journey, these routes will seamlessly lead you straight into the heart of Sicily’s capital city.
Sicily’s roads are typically free of traffic, so driving in and around Palermo is relatively straightforward. If you’re hoping to explore the ancient city on foot, there are plenty of parking spaces located near the harbor or surrounding areas just outside Old Town – all within a comfortable walking distance!
Regardless of being the most extensive island in the Mediterranean, you can use Palermo Airport’s rental cars to reach Sicily’s resorts and attractions with ease. Catania and Syracuse are merely a short drive away; two of its main resort towns.
To get to Catania, which is situated around three hours away on the eastern coast of Sicily, simply journey along E90 and A19. For those looking to make their way down south towards Syracuse, take E90 and A19/E932 for a convenient route.
Just a stone’s throw away from the airport, Terrasini lies 11 miles to the south while Trapani is 50 miles down southwest along E90 and A29.
All drivers in Sicily, like the rest of Italy, drive on the right side of the road. Typically, speed limits range from 130km/h (80mph) to 90 km/h (55 mph) on rural roads and 50 km/h (30 mph) around towns or cities; however non-major highways carry a limit of 110 km/hr(68 mph). Always pay attention to signage as they can vary depending upon specific areas you are driving.
A Quick Guide To Palermo And Beyond
Located in the heart of the Mediterranean, Sicily boasts a unique blend of cultural influences.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Palermo’s architecture, tantalize your taste buds with the eclectic cuisine offered by many of its restaurants, and feel liberated to explore other regions on this picturesque island when you rent a car at Palermo airport. The possibilities are simply endless!
Start your Palermo journey by visiting the esteemed Royal Palace, or Palazzo dei Normanni. This architectural masterpiece was established in the days of Arab rule but its present form is credited to Norman architects of the 12th century. With nearly a millennium-old foundation, this royal palace is one you won’t want to miss!
Step into the majestic Palatine Chapel, or Cappella Palatina, and spend hours admiring its intricate golden mosaics. From a range of biblical scenes to Teatro Massimo–the most astounding opera house in Italy and third largest throughout Europe—Palermo is sure to captivate your senses. Although tickets are necessary for performances, don’t forget about taking a tour inside this incredible building; climb up onto the rooftop for some spectacular views across town!
If the hustle and bustle of exploration has caused you to work up an appetite, then why not sample some of the delicious local street food available throughout the city? From Sfincione – a delightful pizza bread topped with cheese and tomato – to arancine featuring flavorful saffron-infused rice served with a variety of sauces; there’s something for everyone.
Set your sights to Palermo, located on the northern coast of Sicily! Here lies numerous picturesque and serene sandy beaches that are accessible year-round. The optimal time for a visit is from late April onwards when temperatures reach their peak in July and August. Search for an intimate location to relax at, set up camp, and enjoy nature’s bounty with this beautiful weather!
For the perfect seaside retreat, take a short trip to Mondello. This stunning stretch of golden sand and crystal-clear waters will whisk away any heat on a hot day. Once you’re done swimming or sunbathing, head over to one of the many waterfront eateries for some mouthwatering seafood dishes with unparalleled sea views!
If you’re looking for something out of the ordinary, take a trip to Capo Gallo, situated between Mondello and Sferracavallo. This stunning nature reserve is home to abundant wildlife like foxes, rabbits and lizards – not to mention its breathtaking rocky terrain! There’s something here that everyone can enjoy; what are you waiting for?
With an abundance of captivating aquatic life, the nearby waters provide an ideal environment for snorkeling.
An Ancient Wonder
Maximize your time in Sicily by renting a car at Palermo Airport and exploring nearby attractions, such as Solunto – an ancient Roman town nestled on the slopes of Monte Catalfano only six miles from the capital.
Although the town has been long abandoned, you can still explore its mysterious ruins. From columns of grand homes to mosaic floors, it is a sight worth seeing! And the incredible views of the sea from atop its slopes will certainly take your breath away.
Discover the majestic splendor of Sicily with our car rentals at Palermo Airport! Marvel in all that this magical corner of the world has to offer during your trip.
FAQ about car rental at Palermo Airport
How do I rent a car at Palermo Airport?
To rent a car at Palermo Airport, you can either book a rental car online or visit one of the rental car companies located at the airport. Most of the major car rental companies, such as Avis, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt, have desks at the airport.
What is the minimum age requirement for renting a car at Palermo Airport?
The minimum age requirement for renting a car at Palermo Airport is usually 21 years old, although some rental companies may require drivers to be 25 or older. Younger drivers may be subject to additional fees and restrictions.
What type of driver’s license do I need to rent a car at Palermo Airport?
To rent a car at Palermo Airport, you will need a valid driver’s license from your home country or an International Driver’s Permit (IDP).
Do I need insurance to rent a car at Palermo Airport?
Yes, you will need insurance to rent a car at Palermo Airport. Most rental companies offer basic insurance as part of the rental price, but you may want to consider purchasing additional coverage to protect yourself against any damage or theft.
Is it necessary to book a rental car in advance?
It’s always a good idea to book a rental car in advance to ensure availability and to get the best rates. You can book a rental car online or by contacting the rental company directly.
Are there any additional fees or charges when renting a car at Palermo Airport?
Yes, there may be additional fees or charges when renting a car at Palermo Airport. Some rental companies may charge extra for additional drivers, fuel, GPS navigation systems, or other equipment.
Can I return the rental car outside of normal business hours?
Yes, some rental companies offer the option to return the rental car outside of normal business hours. You should check with the rental company to see if this option is available and if there are any additional fees or restrictions.
Rentcars.buzz offers competitive prices on rental cars, making it a cost-effective option for those on a budget. You can compare prices from different suppliers and choose the one that fits your budget.…
Located only 10 miles away from the bustling downtown of Bozeman, our airport pick-up point is easily accessible off I-90. After you have experienced all that Main Street in Bozeman has to…