Unlock a world of discovery with Naples airport car rental! Home to the stunning Amalfi Coast, art and architecture aficionados will revel in all that this vibrant city has to offer. With your reliable set of wheels, you can explore beyond Naples’ captivating limits with ease.
Rent car in Naples Airport
Located in the Capodichino district, just a few miles away from Italy’s third-largest metropolis lies an airport that provides access to some of the most breathtaking attractions such as Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii -the ancient city. As well as Sorrento -the delightful coastal resort town!
500+ Trusted Providers:
Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, having a Naples car rental airport in Italy will make exploring the area stress-free and enjoyable. The rental collection point at Naples Airport is conveniently located close to the terminal building, making it easier than ever before to hit the open road!
Explore our wide-ranging selection of vehicles, from sleek city cars to spacious family options – and book your Naples airport car rental online in advance.
Naples Airport, with a whopping 9 million travelers each year from around the globe, is every tourist’s destination of choice to explore Italy’s south. Thanks to its convenience via ‘Capodichino’ exit on Tangenziale (A56) urban highway which connects this bustling city to the whole nation – many people find it simple and advantageous to Naples to rent a car airport itself!
At the airport, you are spoiled for choice when it comes to car rental agencies. From well-known companies like AVIS, Budget, Sixt, Alamo and Thrifty – all of which offer a diverse selection of vehicles that can accommodate your needs perfectly. With over 10 establishments available to choose from at the airport – there’s something everyone!
If you’re visiting Naples and don’t want to spend a fortune on transportation, then rental cars at Naples airport is the perfect solution for you! Skip paying sky-high prices at international agencies in the airport and head over to one of many local companies that offer vehicles with amazing deals. Don’t just search for an unbelievably low price – make sure your money buys something worthwhile. Ensure insurance coverage comes included so there’s no need for extra payments toward short-term policies.
About Naples Airport
Naples Airport, also known as Naples International Airport (NAP), is the primary airport serving Naples, Italy. Located just 7.5 km northeast of the city center, Naples Airport is a busy hub for both domestic and international flights.
The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal, serving both domestic and international flights. Terminal 2, located about 1.5 km away, is used for low-cost carriers.
The airport offers a range of services and amenities for passengers. There are several restaurants, cafes, and bars where travelers can grab a bite to eat or a drink before their flight. There are also duty-free shops, newsstands, and gift shops where passengers can purchase souvenirs or other items.
For those who need to stay connected, there is free Wi-Fi available throughout the airport. There are also business lounges, where passengers can work or relax in a quiet and comfortable environment.
Getting to and from Naples Airport is easy. There are several transportation options available, including taxis, buses, and cheap rental cars Naples airport. The airport is well-connected to the city center by bus, with several routes that run throughout the day. There are also several car rental companies located at the airport, making it easy for travelers to rent a car and explore the region on their own.
Overall, Naples Airport is a modern and efficient airport that offers a range of services and amenities for travelers. Whether you’re arriving in Naples for the first time or departing for a new destination, Naples Airport is a convenient and reliable choice.
Why Should I Rent a Car at Naples Airport?
Renting a car at Naples Airport can be a convenient and practical option for travelers. Here are some reasons why you may want to consider renting a car:
- Explore the Region at Your Own Pace: With a rental cars at Naples airport, you can set your own itinerary and explore the region on your own terms. Whether you want to visit popular tourist destinations or discover off-the-beaten-path attractions, a rental car can give you the flexibility and freedom to do so.
- Avoid Public Transportation Hassles: Public transportation in Naples can be crowded and confusing, especially for first-time visitors. Renting a car can save you the hassle of navigating the local buses and trains, and allow you to enjoy a stress-free trip.
- Reach Remote or Rural Destinations: Some of the best attractions in Naples and the surrounding areas may be located in remote or rural areas. With budget car rental Naples airport, you can easily reach these destinations, including the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, and the countryside of Campania.
- Convenient Pick-Up and Drop-Off: Naples Airport has several car rental agencies located on-site, making it easy to rent a car as soon as you arrive. Additionally, many rental agencies offer drop-off services, allowing you to return your rental car directly to the airport before your departure.
- Cost-Effective: Depending on the size of your group, renting a car can be a more cost-effective option than taking taxis or public transportation. Additionally, renting a car may give you access to discounts on local attractions and tours.
Overall, renting a car at Naples Airport can be a convenient and practical option for travelers who want to explore Naples and the surrounding region at their own pace. It can save you time and money, while giving you the freedom to discover all the amazing things that this beautiful part of Italy has to offer.
What Type of Car Can I Rent in Naples Airport?
There are various types of cars that you can rent in Naples, depending on your needs and preferences. Some of the most common cheap car rentals Naples airport types available for rent in Naples include:
- Economy cars: These are small, fuel-efficient cars that are ideal for city driving and short trips. They are affordable, easy to park, and have good fuel economy. Examples of economy cars include the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Polo, and Ford Fiesta.
- Compact cars: Compact cars are slightly larger than economy cars and offer more space for passengers and luggage. They are still fuel-efficient and easy to maneuver, making them a good choice for driving in Naples. Examples of compact cars include the Volkswagen Golf, Opel Astra, and Fiat Tipo.
- Mid-size cars: Mid-size cars are larger than compact cars and offer more legroom and storage space. They are a good choice for families or groups of friends who want more comfort and space. Examples of mid-size cars include the Ford Mondeo, Volkswagen Passat, and Toyota Corolla.
- SUVs: SUVs are larger vehicles that offer more space and comfort, as well as better off-road capabilities. They are a good choice for travelers who plan to visit the countryside or explore remote areas around Naples. Examples of SUVs include the Nissan Qashqai, Renault Kadjar, and Ford Kuga.
- Luxury cars: Luxury cars are high-end vehicles that offer superior comfort, performance, and technology. They are a good choice for travelers who want to explore Naples in style and comfort. Examples of luxury cars include the BMW 5 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and Audi A6.
These are just a few examples of the types of cars available for rent in Naples. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose from a wide range of vehicles to make your trip more comfortable and enjoyable.
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Car in Naples?
The cost of Naples airport car rental can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of car you want to rent, the rental period, and the rental company. Here are some estimates of the rental costs you can expect in Naples:
- Economy cars: You can rent an economy car in Naples for as little as €20 per day. The cost may go up depending on the rental period and the rental company you choose.
- Compact cars: The rental cost for compact cars in Naples can range from €25 to €40 per day, depending on the rental period and the car model.
- Mid-size cars: You can rent a midsize car in Naples for around €40 to €60 per day, depending on the rental period and the car model.
- SUVs: The rental cost for SUVs in Naples can range from €50 to €100 per day, depending on the rental period and the car model.
- Luxury cars: Luxury car rental prices in Naples can range from €100 to €300 per day, depending on the rental period and the car model.
Keep in mind that rental companies may also charge additional fees for extras such as GPS navigation, additional drivers, and insurance coverage. It’s essential to read the rental terms and conditions carefully to understand the costs involved.
To save money on Naples car rental airport, it’s a good idea to book in advance, compare rates from different rental companies, and take advantage of any discounts or promotions that may be available. Additionally, you can save on fuel costs by choosing a fuel-efficient car and returning the car with a full tank of gas to avoid refueling charges.
What are cheap cars rental at Naples airport
There are several cheap rental cars Naples airport, depending on your needs and preferences. Some of the most affordable options include:
- Fiat Panda: The Fiat Panda is a small and economical car that is ideal for city driving and short trips. It’s easy to park, fuel-efficient, and affordable to rent. Daily rental rates for a Fiat Panda start from around €15-€20 per day.
- Fiat 500: The Fiat 500 is another small and stylish car that is popular for city driving. It’s fuel-efficient and easy to maneuver, making it a good choice for exploring Naples. Daily rental rates for a Fiat 500 start from around €20-€25 per day.
- Volkswagen Polo: The Volkswagen Polo is a compact car that offers more space and comfort than a small economy car. It’s fuel-efficient, easy to drive, and affordable to rent. Daily rental rates for a Volkswagen Polo start from around €20-€30 per day.
- Opel Corsa: The Opel Corsa is another popular compact car that is comfortable and easy to drive. It’s fuel-efficient and affordable to rent, making it a good choice for budget-conscious travelers. Daily rental rates for an Opel Corsa start from around €20-€30 per day.
- Ford Fiesta: The Ford Fiesta is a reliable and practical compact car that is ideal for exploring Naples and the surrounding areas. It’s fuel-efficient, easy to drive, and affordable to rent. Daily rental rates for a Ford Fiesta start from around €20-€30 per day.
Naples Airport offers a myriad of choices when it comes to finding affordable cars for rent. To get the best deal possible, be sure to compare costs from different car rental companies and look through all of their terms and conditions before booking. You can also save money by reserving ahead of time, avoiding peak season prices, and selecting an economical vehicle!
If you’re looking for an affordable Naples airport budget car rental option, look no further! Here are some of the most budget-friendly choices available:
- Budget: Budget offers a range of economy and compact cars at affordable prices. Daily rental rates start from around €20 per day for a Fiat 500 or similar economy car.
- Europcar: Europcar offers a variety of car types, including economy and compact cars, at reasonable prices. Daily rental rates start from around €22 per day for a Volkswagen Polo or similar car.
- Hertz: Hertz offers a range of economy and compact cars at competitive prices. Daily rental rates start from around €25 per day for a Ford Fiesta or similar car.
- Sicily by Car: Sicily by Car is a local car rental company that offers a range of car types, including economy and compact cars, at affordable prices. Daily rental rates start from around €20 per day for a Fiat Panda or similar car.
- Keddy by Europcar: Keddy is a subsidiary of Europcar that offers budget car rental options. Daily rental rates start from around €20 per day for a Fiat 500 or similar economy car.
These are just a few examples of the cheap car rental options available at Naples Airport. It’s essential to compare rates from different rental companies and read the terms and conditions carefully before booking to understand all the costs involved. Additionally, you can save money by booking in advance, avoiding peak season, and choosing a fuel-efficient car.
How to Rent a Car at Naples Airport?
To rent a car at Naples Airport, you will need to provide the following:
- A valid driver’s license: You will need a valid driver’s license from your country of residence to Naples airport car rental. If your license is not in English or Italian, you may need to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive in Italy. Check with your rental company for their specific requirements.
- A credit card: Most rental companies require a credit card in the driver’s name to rent a car. The credit card is used to cover the rental cost, any additional charges, and the security deposit. Make sure to check with your rental company to find out which credit cards they accept.
- Age requirements: The minimum age to rent a car in Italy is typically 18, but some rental companies may have a higher age requirement. Additionally, drivers under the age of 25 may be subject to additional fees or restrictions. Check with your rental company for their specific age requirements.
- Identification: You may need to provide additional identification, such as a passport or ID card, depending on the rental company’s policies. Make sure to check with your rental company for their specific requirements.
- Rental agreement: You will need to sign a rental agreement before renting a car. The rental agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the rental, including the rental period, the rental cost, insurance coverage, and any additional fees.
Make sure to check with your rental company for their specific requirements before renting a car at Naples Airport. It’s also a good idea to read the rental agreement carefully and ask any questions you may have before signing.
Driving in Naples: Guide
Driving in Naples, Italy is an experience like no other. It can be chaotic, unpredictable, and at times, downright terrifying. Naples is known for its narrow and winding streets, steep hills, and aggressive drivers. If you plan on driving in Naples, it’s important to be prepared for the challenges you may face.
First and foremost, be aware of the traffic laws in Italy. In Naples, as in the rest of the country, drivers must drive on the right-hand side of the road. Speed limits are indicated by signs and are strictly enforced, especially in the city center. It’s also important to note that the use of seat belts is mandatory for both drivers and passengers.
Navigating the streets of Naples can be a challenge, especially if you’re not familiar with the area. GPS devices can be helpful, but be aware that some streets may not be mapped or may be closed due to construction or events. It’s a good idea to bring a paper map with you, just in case.
One of the biggest challenges of driving in Naples is dealing with the traffic. The streets are often congested, and drivers can be aggressive. Be prepared for drivers to cut in front of you, honk their horns, and make sudden stops. It’s important to stay alert and focused on the road at all times.
Parking in Naples can also be difficult. There are limited parking spaces available, and many of the streets are narrow and winding, making it difficult to find a spot. It’s best to park in a designated parking lot or garage, rather than on the street.
Overall, driving in Naples can be a thrilling experience, but it’s not for the faint of heart. It’s important to be prepared for the challenges you may face, including aggressive drivers, congested streets, and limited parking. If you’re not comfortable driving in Naples, there are plenty of other transportation options available, including taxis, buses, and trains.
Driving In And Around Naples
The Autostrada A56 conveniently connects Naples Airport to the city center, offering a speedy five-mile drive. Moreover, visitors can admire the vivid blue waters of the Gulf of Naples with just a 10 mile journey on SS162 – including Santa Lucia’s popular shoreline.
When you approach an Italian autostrada, be on the lookout for a green sign indicating your entrance. Once inside, keep to the usually 130 km/h (80mph) speed limit unless specified otherwise. The main highways in Italy are known as strade statali; they’ve abbreviated SS and generally have a 68mph (110km/h) maximum velocity rate. In populated areas such as cities or towns, check that you remain below 50 km/h (30mph).
Although common in Italian cities, the city center of Naples is a ZTL (Zona a Traffico Limitato), restricting vehicle access to local citizens with approved permits during established hours. Violators are subject to fines as cameras monitor the area vigilantly. It’s easy for travelers to accidentally enter this restricted zone, so make sure you plan your route accordingly.
For those wishing to explore the city center on foot, parking lots are available in nearby areas. Additionally, if your hotel falls within a ZTL (limited traffic zone), you can contact them and request access when arriving or departing by car. Doing so will ensure an effortless experience while discovering the beauty of the city!
With Naples Airport offering rental cars, a journey to the renowned Roman city of Pompeii is only 20 miles away on E45. Exploring this ancient and preserved site can easily be achieved in an excursion from Naples!
Capital city Rome is only a two-hour drive north away from the airport, along E45. Doing so will bring you down to Sorrento as well, approximately thirty miles from the flight terminal. In Italy, make sure to keep on your right like in most US states!
A Quick Guide To Naples And Beyond
Breathtaking churches, exquisite artistry and an unfaltering enthusiasm for life – this is what one can expect when they visit Naples, the third-largest city in Italy.
Not only is it a wonderful place to rest, but you can also use it as the perfect starting point for discovering the beautiful surrounding areas. With car rentals just a few steps away, there are many iconic landmarks within easy reach of this destination.
Stunning Sights And Mouth-Watering Cuisine
Take a journey through Neapolitan history as you explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Centro Storico. You’ll be in awe of the breath-taking buildings and architectural masterpieces here, not to mention one of its oldest structures: Santa Maria Donna Regina Vecchia, an iconic French Gothic church that dates back to the 14th century!
Located only a stone’s throw away from here lies the awe-inspiring Naples Cathedral, where you can explore the crypt of its treasured patron saint, San Gennaro. Furthermore, marvel at the luminous baptistery of San Giovanni with its majestic domed structure and stunning blue, white and gold mosaics – thought to be one of oldest in all of Western civilization!
Art enthusiasts should put a visit to the Museo di Capodimonte at the top of their list. This iconic red building houses spectacular works from illustrious Italian artists such as Botticelli, Titian and more.
Looking for a refuge from sightseeing? Visit Piazza del Gesù Nuovo, where you can take a break and savor decadent Neapolitan coffee al fresco in one of the many cafes. After all, this is Naples – home to pizza! So make sure to try out some wood-fired margherita or marinara slices at one of the local restaurants; usually those with longer queues offer better quality dishes.
A must-visit destination for any traveler to Naples is the ancient city of Pompeii, located a brief drive away along the E45.
Witness the sheer power of nature as you journey to this UNESCO World Heritage Site, where Mount Vesuvius’ eruption in 79AD forever changed the landscape. Conquer its summit by trekking up and take in some truly stunning views from above—just remember to bring a few extra layers since temperatures dip significantly at higher altitudes!
For a more relaxed ascent, you can drive part of the way up towards the edge of the crater. You’ll have vehicle access for most of your journey and will only need to cover a few hundred meters on foot before you join an organized tour led by experienced guides. Whether you make it all the way or decide to take in some sights midway, be sure to admire spectacular views across Naples Bay!
Nestled just 30 miles away from bustling Naples, Sorrento is an idyllic destination along the picturesque Mediterranean coast. Its captivating beauty has made it one of the most sought after places to visit in Italy.
Perched on a cliff overlooking the stunning bay, Sorrento provides an inviting retreat amongst its picturesque streets. Spend some time at Villa Comunale Park to marvel at Mount Vesuvius’ beauty and relish in the sun’s warm orange hues cast upon peaceful gulf waters as it dips below the horizon. Then hop aboard a boat for Capri island before finishing off your visit with dinner from one of many seafood restaurants found near the harbor of the old fishing quarter.
Whether you decide to explore the picturesque waterfronts, admire iconic architecture or sample delicious Italian cuisine, renting a car at Naples Airport will make sure that your journey around this quaint region of Italy is as memorable and enjoyable as it can be.
FAQ about car rental at Naples Airport
Q: What are the most popular car rental companies at Naples Airport?
A: The most popular car rental companies at Naples Airport include Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Budget, Sixt, and Enterprise.
Q: What is the minimum age to rent a car at Naples Airport?
A: The minimum age to rent a car in Italy is typically 18, but some rental companies may have a higher age requirement. Additionally, drivers under the age of 25 may be subject to additional fees or restrictions. Check with your rental company for their specific age requirements.
Q: Is it possible to rent a car at Naples Airport without a credit card?
A: Most rental companies require a credit card in the driver’s name to rent a car. The credit card is used to cover the rental cost, any additional charges, and the security deposit. Some rental companies may accept debit cards or cash deposits, but these options are not as common. Check with your rental company for their specific payment options.
Q: Can I return my rental car outside of business hours?
A: Yes, many rental companies at Naples Airport offer 24-hour drop-off facilities. Check with your rental company for their specific drop-off procedures and any additional fees that may apply.
Q: Do I need to purchase additional insurance when renting a car in Naples?
A: Most rental companies offer basic insurance coverage included in the rental cost, but it’s always a good idea to check the details of the policy. You may also be offered additional insurance options, such as collision damage waiver or personal accident insurance, at an additional cost. Check with your rental company for their specific insurance policies and options.
Q: Can I rent a car in Naples Airport if I’m not from the EU?
A: Yes, non-EU residents can rent a car in Naples Airport with a valid driver’s license and passport. You may also need to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) if your license is not in English or Italian. Check with your rental company for their specific requirements.