Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County is Michigan’s busiest airport and is one of the USA’s major airports covering domestic and international flights. It has over 1,000 flights coming in and out daily. Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) is just a 30-minute drive (20 miles) from the city center.
Mietwagen am Flughafen Detroit Metro Wayne County
At the airport, it is easy to pick up your Detroit car rental. Once you’ve collected any luggage, head to Ground Transportation to get the shuttle to the car rental campus. This is located northeast of the airport along Lucas Drive. There are bus stops for the rental shuttle bus in Ground Transportation Centers in the McNamara Terminal Parking Garage and the Big Blue Deck of the Evans Terminal.
Über 500 vertrauenswürdige Anbieter:
When booking your Hertz rental, please make sure that you’re aware of which terminal you’ll arrive at so you can find the Grounds Transportation Area and get to the rental area as quickly as possible. You can book collection times or arrange to drop off 24h a day. Free shuttles are provided from the rental area back to the Ground Transportation Area to ensure you catch your return flight on time.
About Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport (DTW) is a major international airport located in Romulus, Michigan, just 18 miles (29 kilometers) from downtown Detroit. It is the busiest airport in the state of Michigan and serves as the primary gateway to the Detroit metropolitan area. The airport is owned and operated by Wayne County, and it handles over 36 million passengers annually. DTW has two main terminals, McNamara Terminal and North Terminal, which collectively serve over 140 destinations worldwide.
McNamara Terminal is the airport’s largest terminal and was designed to be the hub for Delta Air Lines. The terminal spans over 1.5 million square feet and includes three concourses, which are home to more than 100 retail stores, restaurants, and other services. The terminal also features an impressive light-filled central atrium, which boasts one of the largest cable-supported structures in the world.
North Terminal opened in 2008 as a replacement for the older Smith Terminal. The terminal has two concourses and is primarily used by airlines other than Delta, such as American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, and Southwest Airlines. The terminal also features a wide range of amenities, including restaurants, cafes, and duty-free shops.
DTW is known for its efficient and modern facilities, as well as its commitment to sustainability. In 2019, the airport was named the best large airport in North America for customer satisfaction by the Airports Council International. Additionally, DTW has implemented several green initiatives, including a recycling program, energy-efficient lighting, and the use of alternative fuels for ground transportation.
Benefits of car renting at Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
A car rental Detroit metropolitan airport is the perfect way to take advantage of all that the metropolitan area has to offer. Renting a vehicle gives visitors unparalleled freedom and flexibility, allowing you full control over your own itinerary without relying on public transportation or ride-hailing services. This luxury provides an especially convenient option for those traveling in groups or with tight schedules.
Another benefit of renting a car at DTW is cost-effectiveness. Rental car rates at the airport are competitive, and travelers can often find deals and discounts by booking in advance or through a travel website. Additionally, car rental near Detroit airport can save travelers money on transportation costs, such as taxi or ride-hailing fares.
Renting a car also provides comfort and convenience, particularly for those traveling with luggage or with mobility issues. With Detroit airport car rental, travelers can avoid the hassle of carrying heavy bags on public transportation or navigating unfamiliar streets on foot. Many rental car companies also offer pick-up and drop-off services at DTW, making the process of renting a car quick and easy.
Lastly, renting a car at enterprise airport DTW provides easy access to nearby attractions. Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport is located near several popular destinations, including the Henry Ford Museum, the Detroit Institute of Arts, and the Detroit Zoo. With a rental car, travelers can easily explore these and other destinations, making the most of their time in the Detroit area. Additionally, renting a car provides easy access to nearby cities like Ann Arbor or Toledo, Ohio, which are within easy driving distance of DTW.
Types of Car Can I Rent at Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
Enjoy the convenience of choosing from a broad selection of rental cars Detroit airport. Whether you need something sporty, luxurious, or economical – here are just some of your DTW options:
- Economy Cars: These cars are typically smaller and more fuel-efficient, making them an excellent choice for solo travelers or those traveling on a budget. Economy cars are also easy to maneuver and park, which is particularly useful in urban areas like Detroit.
- Compact Cars: Compact cars are slightly larger than economy cars and offer more space for passengers and luggage. These cars are an excellent choice for small families or groups traveling on a budget.
- Full-Size Cars: Full-size cars are larger than compact cars and offer more space and comfort for passengers. These Detroit airport rental cars are an excellent choice for longer trips or for those who need extra space for luggage or equipment.
- SUVs: SUVs are a popular choice for families and groups, as they offer more space and comfort than traditional cars. They are also well-suited for trips to outdoor destinations or for those who need extra cargo space.
Those seeking a more lavish experience can rent luxury cars from DTW, while those who prefer an exhilarating drive should opt for our sports car selection. Meanwhile, minivans provide plenty of room and comfort to larger families or groups looking for extra passenger and luggage space. Regardless of what you choose, DTW rental offers the perfect vehicle for your journey!
Many of the budget car rental Detroit airport companies also offer additional features and services, such as GPS navigation, child safety seats, and roadside assistance. Before renting a car, be sure to check with the rental company to see what options are available and what fees may apply.
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Car at Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
Exploring Detroit and its surrounding areas is a breeze when you rent a car at the airport, with costs that vary depending on certain elements. One of those components is the rental company itself – different companies have diverse prices, so it’s essential to shop around before finalizing any reservations. By comparing multiple providers in advance, you can ensure that your journey is cost-effective and enjoyable!
The type of car you choose can also affect the cost of renting a car at DTW. Economy and compact cars are typically less expensive than full-size cars, SUVs, and luxury cars. However, the type of car you choose should also depend on your needs and preferences. For instance, if you’re traveling with a group or with lots of luggage, a larger car may be more practical.
Another factor that can affect the cost of renting a car at DTW is the rental period. Rental companies often offer lower rates for longer rental periods, so it’s a good idea to book in advance if you know you’ll need a car for several days or longer. Additionally, rental rates can vary depending on the time of year. During peak travel seasons, such as holidays or summer vacations, rental rates may be higher.
It’s important to consider additional fees when estimating the cost of renting a car at DTW. These fees may include taxes, airport surcharges, and fees for additional features such as GPS navigation or child safety seats. Before making a reservation, be sure to check the rental company’s policies regarding fees and additional charges.
What are cheap cars rental at Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
Looking for a cheap car rentals Detroit airport? Economy cars are your best bet if you’re looking to save some money. These vehicles tend to be small and fuel-efficient, making them perfect for solo travelers or those on a tight budget. Easy to drive and reliable, they provide an ideal solution when it comes time to hit the road.
Another thrifty car rental Detroit airport is compact car. Compact cars are slightly larger than economy cars, and they offer more space for passengers and luggage. These cars are still budget-friendly and are an excellent choice for small families or groups traveling on a budget.
Sedans are another affordable option for budget rental Detroit airport. They offer a comfortable ride and enough space for small families or groups. Sedans are also fuel-efficient, so you can save money on gas during your travels.
Finally, you can also find cheap SUV rentals at DTW. SUVs are larger than sedans or compact cars, and they offer more space for passengers and luggage. They are also perfect for those who plan to travel off-road or in areas with rough terrain.
When renting a car at DTW, it’s essential to compare prices and check for any additional fees or charges. Some cheap rental cars dtw airport companies may charge extra for insurance, additional drivers, or returning the car to a different location. By doing your research and booking in advance, you can find a cheap car rentals dtw option that meets your needs and budget.
What are luxury cars rental at Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
For the utmost driving experience, trust Rentcars.buzz for your luxury car rental Detroit needs. Our selection of sports cars is unparalleled and makes sure you are given a thrilling ride each time you take to the road. Consider our two most popular options: The Chevrolet Corvette or Ford Mustang! Both models offer maximum performance with every journey so that no drive ever feels like just another errand run.
Luxury sedans are another popular choice for those seeking a comfortable and stylish driving experience. These cars come equipped with high-end features like leather upholstery, premium sound systems, and advanced safety features. Some popular luxury sedan rental options include the BMW 7 Series and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
For those who need more space for passengers and luggage, luxury SUVs are the perfect option. These cars offer a smooth and comfortable ride and come equipped with high-end features like leather upholstery, panoramic sunroofs, and advanced safety features. Some popular luxury SUV rental options include the Cadillac Escalade and the Range Rover.
If you want to enjoy the open road and feel the wind in your hair, a luxury convertible is the perfect option. These cars are designed for style and performance and offer a unique driving experience. Some popular luxury convertible rental options include the Porsche 911 and the Audi A5 Cabriolet.
It’s important to keep in mind that luxury car rental rates can vary depending on the car model, rental period, and rental company. Additionally, some luxury car rental Detroit mi companies may require a security deposit or charge extra for insurance or additional drivers. By doing your research and comparing prices, you can find a luxury car rental option that meets your needs and budget.
What are exotic cars rental at Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
For an exhilarating journey, Detroit Airport presents a selection of exclusive exotic car rental Detroit options. From Lamborghini to Ferrari and from Porsche to Aston Martin, these high-performance automobiles are built for speed, power, and elegance. Get ready for the ride of your life with any one of DTW’s exquisite exotic car models!
Lamborghini is a popular choice for those looking for a unique driving experience. The Lamborghini Huracan and Aventador are two popular exotic car rental options available at DTW. These cars are known for their sleek design and high-performance engines, making them a popular choice for those seeking an adrenaline rush.
Ferrari is another well-known luxury car brand and offers several exotic car rental options at DTW. The Ferrari 458 Italia and the Ferrari California T are popular choices for those seeking a high-end driving experience. These cars are designed for speed and style, and are sure to turn heads wherever you go.
Porsche is a popular luxury car brand and offers several exotic car rental options at DTW. The Porsche 911 and the Porsche Boxster are popular choices for those seeking a thrilling driving experience. These cars are known for their sleek design and powerful engines, making them a popular choice for car enthusiasts.
Aston Martin is a British luxury car brand that is known for its sleek design and high-performance engines. The Aston Martin DB11 and Vantage are popular exotic car rental options available at DTW. These cars offer a unique driving experience and are sure to leave a lasting impression.
When renting an exotic car at DTW, it’s important to keep in mind that rental rates can be significantly higher than standard car rentals. Additionally, some car rental companies may require a significant security deposit or charge extra for insurance or additional drivers. By doing your research and comparing prices, you can find an exotic car rental option that meets your needs and budget.
What I need to rent a car at Detroit Airport
Ready to explore Detroit and its nearby attractions? Renting a car at Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport is your best bet – an effortless and secure way to travel around the city. However, remember that you must meet certain requirements and provide specified documents before renting any vehicle from DTW!
- Driver’s License: You will need a valid driver’s license for car rental Detroit airport dtw. Your license must be issued by your country or state of residence and must be valid at the time of rental.
- Age Requirements: Most car rental companies require drivers to be at least 21 years of age to rent a car. Some companies may also have additional age requirements and may charge a higher rental rate for drivers under the age of 25.
- Credit Card: You will need a credit card to rent a car at DTW. The credit card must be in the driver’s name and must have sufficient funds to cover the rental fee and any additional charges.
- Insurance: Most car rental companies require drivers to have insurance coverage. You can either purchase insurance from the rental company or provide proof of insurance from your own insurance provider.
Additionally, it’s important to note that some car rental companies may have additional requirements or fees. For example, some companies may require a security deposit or charge an additional fee for additional drivers. It’s important to read the rental agreement carefully and ask any questions before signing to ensure that you understand all the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
Driving laws at Detroit
Being aware of the driving laws and regulations in Detroit is necessary for a safe and enjoyable trip on the streets. Understanding these rules before setting out will make sure you have a pleasant journey in this city.
- Speed Limits: The speed limit in Detroit is typically 25-35 mph in residential areas and 55 mph on highways. However, it’s important to pay attention to posted speed limit signs as they can vary depending on the area and road conditions.
- Seat Belt Laws: Michigan has a primary seat belt law, which means that drivers and passengers must wear seat belts at all times. Failure to do so can result in a fine.
- Cell Phone Use: In Michigan, it is illegal to text while driving. Additionally, drivers with a Level 1 or Level 2 graduated driver’s license are prohibited from using a cell phone while driving.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal in Michigan. The legal blood alcohol content (BAC) limit is .08%. Violators can face fines, jail time, and license suspension.
It’s important to note that these are just a few of the driving laws and regulations in Detroit. It’s always a good idea to review the Michigan Driver’s Manual and familiarize yourself with the specific laws and regulations before hitting the road. Additionally, it’s important to practice safe driving habits, such as staying alert, following posted speed limits, and avoiding distractions while driving.
Driving From Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Parking in Detroit
- If you’re ever in the vicinity of Cadillac Place, Ford Piquette Avenue Plant Museum or Motown Museum, Baltimore Garage (48202) is your go-to spot! Open 24/7 for all your needs.
- The 24/7 Premier Parking Millennium Garage (48226) is the ideal spot to park for trips to Comerica Park, Ford Field and Detroit Opera House.
- Make your visit to Harbortown Marina, MacArthur Bridge Park and The Aretha Franklin Amphitheater even more enjoyable with 24/7 parking convenience at Stroh Parking Garage (48207).
Key roads in Detroit
- Meandering across Michigan’s southern landscape, Interstate 94 (I-94) begins in New Buffalo and runs eastward to connect Detroit with its airport. As one of the state trunkline highways that traverse through Metropolitan Detroit, I-94 makes exploring the motor city a breeze!
- I-275 offers a convenient bypass of the Detroit metropolitan area, stretching 35 miles and connecting various suburbs to the west of the Metro Airport with I-75 near Newport.
- Spanning a distance of 79.82 miles, US Route 24 connects two states from the westernmost region in Colorado to Michigan’s Metro Detroit area near Interstate 75! Starting off at Minturn, CO and ending northwest of Clarkson by I-75, this Numbered Highway allows for convenient travel between Ohio state line in Bedford Township all the way up to Independence Township.
How to get from Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) to Detroit Center
It takes 30 minutes to drive the 20.7 miles from Detroit Metro Airport.
- From Detroit Metro Airport, travel along Lucas Drive and turn left onto the E Service Drive. After that, make a right onto W G Rogell Drive. Stay in the right-hand lane until you reach I-94 slip road where you should then make a sharp turn to your right.
- As you make your way onto I-94 E towards Detroit, stay on the highway for 15.6 miles and take exit 215A, merging onto M-10 S/John C Lodge Fwy to head downtown.
- To reach the center of Detroit, take exit 1B towards Larned St/TCF Center and drive 0.3 miles before taking a left onto Woodward Ave. After turning again at Cadillac Square on your left, you’ll have arrived!
How to get from Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) to Matthaei Botanical Gardens
- Begin your journey to Detroit Metro Airport in a mere 30 minutes from the stunning Matthaei Botanical Gardens! Start off by turning onto Lucas Drive and then take a left on E Service Drive. To reach W G Rogell Dr., turn right, using the second lane from the right to stay on this road. Finally drive straight ahead towards Merriman Rd., and you’ll be at your destination in no time!
- Take a slight right to get onto I-94 W, heading towards Chicago. Remain on this highway for 17.4 miles before exiting at 180B and merging onto US-23 N in the direction of I-94/Ann Arbor. After 3.7 miles take exit 39 Geddes Road and you’ll be there!
- Start by exiting the roundabout onto Geddes Road, then turn left on to N Dixboro Rd. Drive for 2.1 miles and you’ll come across a turning that leads to Matthaei Botanical Gardens – your destination!
Guide To Boston And Beyond
Boston is a city steeped in history and culture, making it a popular tourist destination. The Freedom Trail is a must-see attraction, taking visitors on a 2.5-mile walk through 16 historical sites in the city, including the USS Constitution Museum, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and the Paul Revere House. Boston is also known for its culinary delights, with clam chowder, lobster rolls, and Boston cream pie being local favorites.
Beyond Boston, there are many other exciting destinations to explore in the area. Cape Cod, located just a short drive from Boston, is a popular vacation destination known for its picturesque beaches, charming towns, and outdoor activities. Visitors can spend the day at Nauset Beach, tour the Cape Cod National Seashore, or visit the quaint village of Chatham. You can also take a whale watching tour or try your hand at fishing.
Salem, a 30-mile drive north of Boston, is best known for its witch trials of 1692 and has several museums and historic sites dedicated to this dark chapter in American history. The Salem Witch Museum is a must-visit, offering a unique perspective on the trials and the events leading up to them. Other attractions include the Witch House, which is the only building still standing with direct ties to the trials, and the Peabody Essex Museum, featuring an impressive collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
Newport, Rhode Island, is another popular destination just 90 minutes from Boston. This coastal city is famous for its Gilded Age mansions, including The Breakers and Marble House. Visitors can tour the opulent mansions and grounds, learning about the lifestyles of the wealthy elite during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Take a stroll along the Cliff Walk, visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame, or enjoy the local seafood.
If you’re looking for a more natural experience, head to the White Mountains in New Hampshire, just a few hours’ drive from Boston. This scenic area offers stunning views, hiking trails, and outdoor activities for all ages. Mount Washington, the highest peak in the Northeast, is a popular spot for hikers and nature enthusiasts. Take a scenic drive along the Kancamagus Highway or visit Franconia Notch State Park for breathtaking vistas.
These are just a few of the many destinations you can explore in and around Boston. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, outdoor activities, or just relaxing by the beach, this beautiful region has something for everyone. So, plan your next trip to Boston and beyond, and discover all the wonders this region has to offer.
FAQs About Renting A Car At Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
How do I rent a car at Detroit Metro Airport?
To rent a car at DTW, you can either reserve a car online ahead of time or visit one of the car rental counters located in the McNamara or North Terminal baggage claim areas.
What are the age requirements to rent a car at DTW?
Most car rental companies require drivers to be at least 21 years of age to rent a car. Some companies may also have additional age requirements and may charge a higher rental rate for drivers under the age of 25.
What documents do I need to rent a car at DTW?
You will need a valid driver’s license, a credit card in your name, and proof of insurance coverage. Some car rental companies may also require additional documentation, such as a passport or proof of residency.
What types of cars are available for rent at DTW?
A variety of car types are available for rent at DTW, including economy cars, midsize cars, full-size cars, SUVs, and luxury vehicles.
How much does it cost to rent a car at DTW?
The cost of renting a car at DTW varies depending on several factors, including the type of car, rental duration, and rental company. It’s a good idea to compare prices from multiple rental companies to find the best deal.
Can I return my rental car to a different location?
Many car rental companies allow for one-way rentals, which means you can return your rental car to a different location than where you picked it up. However, additional fees may apply.
What happens if I return my rental car late?
Most car rental companies allow for a grace period of 30-60 minutes before charging additional fees for a late return. After the grace period, late fees may apply, and in some cases, the rental company may charge for an additional day of rental.
Can I add additional drivers to my rental car agreement?
Many car rental companies allow for additional drivers, but they may charge an additional fee for each driver added to the agreement. Additional drivers must also meet the rental company’s age and driver’s license requirements.